Appreciation letter is written to acknowledge someone’s efforts. It is one kind of benefit provided to someone for his hard work. Actually people who really care about us always try to do some random acts for our benefits and happiness but it is truly sad that in pressure of busy life we often fail to thank them properly. If you want to retain such a lovely people in your life, you should do something and writing a well structured appreciation letter is one of the best ways to assure these people that we are acknowledged their efforts which enrich our life with pleasure. Basically appreciation letter may be formal or informal so their requirements, tone and text all things may vary. If you are writing an appreciation letter to your friend or relative then you can also send a thank you card with appreciation letter to give it a personalized touch.
Today I will discuss some important points which should be mentioned in appreciation letter:
- You should explain main points of writing letter such as why are you thanking reader.
- Try to be honest because your community members can catch you while you are lying.
- If you are writing a personal appreciation letter then makes it handwritten but if you are writing business appreciation letter then take its print out on company’s letterhead.
- Keep your letter concise and directive.
- Only thanks for something already happened because thanks in advance can be presumptuous.
- Try to send appreciation letter as quickly as possible.
- Try to address specific person in appreciation letter to give it a personal touch.
Here I am providing you with sample appreciation letter for your convenience. It will guide you about the format and content requirements of appreciation letter.
Sample Appreciation Letter
***Types this letter on company’s letterhead***
[City], [State] [Zip]
Dear [write name of person you are going to appreciate],
I am writing this letter as an acknowledgement to your efforts for children and families of [write name of trust]. It is a perfect time to say you thanks for everything you have done for children and families [write name of trust] because it is the time of [write name of event].
I want to appreciate you for your all efforts on the behalf of [write name of state] government. As you know, foster families, relative caregivers, mentors, advocates, social workers and volunteers provide safe, stable and nurturing environments for children and youth in [write name of trust] until they can either safely reunite with their parents or establish other lifelong family relationships. Your gentle dedication is significant for our cause which is ending the cycles of neglect, abuse or other family crisis issues that often prevent a child from reaching his or her full potential.
We truly appreciate your devotion because we are recognized your valuable role in building brighter futures for [write name of state] next generation. Thank you for your continuing support. It is just because the positive efforts of kind people like you that we can Change a Lifetime for a child in need.
[Name of Your Organization]