Thank You Letters
Thank you letter is written to express you gratitude or appreciation to another person. Thank you letters are of two main types such as business thank you letters and personal thank you letters. Acknowledgement, appreciation and gratitude are the basic essence of thank you letters. A thank you letter conveys to every giver that their gesticulation has not gone unnoticed. Timing is an important factor in writing thank you letter so make sure to pen down you letter as soon as possible after thank you is due. It is much better to send handwritten thank you letters but if it is not possible then try to use personalized stationary or write one or two handwritten lines at the end.
Types of Thank You Letter
Business Thank You Letter
During day-to-day business, there are several situations that warrant a thank you letter. Some typical situations include:
- Appreciation for special deliberation extended by another organization
- Thanking a speaker for a presentation at seminar or a board meeting
- Customer appreciation letters
- Thanking customers for their patronage
- Thanks to employees for exceptional service or performance
- Thanks to an individual or organization for a customer referral
- Appreciation to volunteer service workers for their personal contributions to a public service campaign, etc
Personal Thank You Letter
Just like business there are also several situations in everyday of life that warrant a formal thank you letter. For example, some typical personal thank you letter situations include:
- A follow-up thanks after a job interview or offer
- Letter to friends and/or neighbors for their support during a difficult period
- Letters for wedding gifts
- Thanks to a company or institution in appreciation for outstanding customer service received
- Thanks to a service club or agency for support given to family members
- Social occasion thank you letters for a wide variety of social situations etc
Format of Thank You Letter
A thank you letter should be written just like standard business letter or personal letter. Its length should not normally exceed one page. Personal thank you letters can be hand-written in case if the addressee is your friend, acquaintance or relative. Thank you letters are also occasionally referred to as gratitude letters and these types of thank you letters are usually written as formal business letters.
Here I am giving combination of business and personal thank you letters. You can consult these letters before writing your own thank you letter.
Feel free to send us your feedback because we are eagerly looking forward toward your responses to make this site more effective and useful.